Please select your country:



Required paper documents can be submitted to ECE either by the applicant OR directly by the issuing body. Do not send multiple copies of the same document.

Note: Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, we may be able to accept alternatives to our standard documentation requirements. Secure electronic documents should be sent to ECEMail@ece.org directly from a verifiable email address of the institution. Please ask the institution to include your name and ECE reference number when providing us with secure electronic documents. However, this is not a guarantee, as we must review all documents sent on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions please Contact Us (please do not email questions to ecemail@ece.org; this is for document submission only).

Any specific document names below are included as examples only, and may not represent a complete list. Submit documents which apply to your educational history.

Electronic Documents: If you or your school can send documents electronically through Electronic Transcript Exchange (ETX), Digitary, my eQuals,  TrueCopy, or Worldwide Transcripts, read our FAQ for information about submitting documents.

Language of Documents1: English

Secondary (High School)
If you completed  post-secondary (university) level study, it is generally not necessary to submit high school level documents. Ask your U.S. institution if an evaluation of your high school documents is needed.
Required Documents
Type of Document

1. Standard XII (Grade 12) Certificate (or equivalent)

  • Original2


  • Attested Copy in Sealed Envelope3

2. Standard X (Grade 10) Certificate (or equivalent) - submit only if you are requesting a course-by-course listing or grade average of your secondary education.

Post-Secondary (University)
Required Documents
Type of Document

1. Degree, Diploma, or Provisional Certificate confirming the earned qualification.

  • Original2


  • University-Attested Copy in Sealed Envelope3 (College-Attested copies are not acceptable)

2. Statements of Marks for all examination attempts, or official Transcript:

  • Issued by the university or the autonomous college. Documents issued by affiliated colleges are NOT acceptable.

3. Internship Completion Certificate (if internship was required for the qualification)

Last Updated 10/16/18


If you do not have a grade report because your master’s or doctoral program did not have coursework, submit your original degree/diploma or an official degree confirmation issued in a sealed envelope.

Contact our Customer Service if you have any questions.

1Language of Documents:

  • Submit English translations for all documents issued in a foreign language.
  • Translations can be submitted to ECE by mail or email.
  • You may prepare the translations yourself, as long as they are complete, literal, word-for-word, and in the same format as the original document.

2Original Document:

  • Can be mailed to ECE by the applicant.
  • Usually issued with the letterhead of the institution, has an original seal and/or signature.
  • Photocopies, notarized copies, faxes, or scans are not considered original documents.
  • Original documents sent by the applicant will be returned with the completed evaluation report. 

3Issued in a Sealed Envelope:

  • Must be an original or an attested copy with an original institutional seal and signature. The attested copy should be issued and signed/stamped by the same office that issues original documents. Notarized copies are not acceptable.
  • The envelope should be sealed by the issuing body with a seal, stamp, or signature of an official on the back side flap closure.
  • Can be mailed to ECE either by the applicant OR directly by the issuing body, but must remain sealed.

Incomplete Documentation:

  • If you submit insufficient documentation, we will contact you.

Report Type:

  • We will prepare the type of report that you order as explained in the Terms and Conditions of the application form.
  • Submit course descriptions (syllabus, prospectus, etc.) for the following report types:
    • Subject Analysis*
    • Health Professions Licensure report*

* Specific arrangements must be made between ECE and the U.S. institution before any of these types of report can be prepared.